Saturday 12 November 2011

How Long, How Long Blues

It's been a while since my last post. This one is just me venting and not a sign of me giving up on transition.

Well, it's finally hit me. The mood chickens have finally come home to roost (mixed metaphor alert!!!). The daunting scale of my transition has finally hit me: the tediousness of having facial hair removed, bit by agonising bit, the disappointment in looking in the mirror and seeing my five o'clock shadow, the red tape I will need to go through to get my name and gender marker legally changed, telling my folks (or at least those with whom I stay in touch). Vast chasms to cross, steep rocks to climb, trecherous passages to navigate. How long, how long will this transition take me!


Here's hoping I will make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment