Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year!!!


No, I'm not at a gala party tonight nor am I at a festive house party. I'm at home, in my pj's, warming up something comforting for dinner having just fed my cat a half-hour ago. At nine pm, I'll be getting call from my father in Montreal (where it will be midnight Eastern Time). At midnight here on the West Coast, I'll be opening a bottle of sparkly ... pop: not champagne.

But, none of this is sad, tragic or in any way unfortunate. In fact, this is how I wanted to see out the old year, restful (I've also just gotten over the flu), quiet and gathering my energy for the new year as I'm sure I'll need. Many projects lay ahead (more in my next post) and I need to be ready. For now, though, I contemplate the past year one last time. It was year of fewer posts than previous years, but no lack of developments in life. I would like to say a final farewell to the friends who are no longer in this life; thank you for accompanying on my life's journey for as long as you could. For my surviving friends, some having good years and others not, I love you all and do not forget it.

And for my blog visitors, thanks once again for being there!

Happy New Year to you all and be true to yourselves in 2014 and beyond!

“As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.” - Nelson Mandela


No comments:

Post a Comment