Sunday 31 December 2017

Postscript: Adieu


 Once, inspired by other blogs, I started my own so that I could tell my story: how I got to where I was, how I knew I was who I was, how it was going being who I was. From HRT, electrolysis, full-time living, coming out, surgery and recovery, and reintegration into life which is and will alwasy be ... life.

The time has come after six and a half years for me to put this blog to rest. Someone in the community once said that you transition everyday for the rest of your life, always becoming who you are, renewing your commitment to yourself ... everyday. I believe this. But, this blog was about my medical and social transition, and those are complete. My struggles are outside of that now.

I want to thank all of you who have followed me since May 2011. Those of you no longer with us watching from another plain, thank you as well. This blog will not be coming down, but will stay up as one story of woman who found herself, finally, and made up for lost time and began to heal parts of her life and her relationships; she realized that we are all works of progress. It is both beautiful and heartbreaking. I will leave the welcome mat out for anyone out there who happens by with questions keeping them awake and walking through the nights and stumbling out-of-body through the days. Good luck to you, you are not alone. Learn what you can here. Share it.

And, lastly, no I am not going away, but I have a different online presence in mind which you will be able to reach from here at a later date.

Goodbye. I love you.

Vanessa
New Year's Eve 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment