Wednesday 14 November 2012

Ready Or Not


Two firsts today; both in my work environment. One, my library just opened its new branch. It was a very busy, challenging day getting used to a much larger space and still roughing it in a sense as many of the finishing touches were still being added. But, ultimately, one only really knows how a new space will fare by giving it a test drive.

Likewise, with me coming out at work. I am not officially out, as in presenting as female at work, but management and most of my co-workers know. However, over the past several months, I have been slowly, steadily pushing the envelope, wearing less masculine and more feminine clothing. Today, I test drove myself; for the first time, I was dressed head-to-toe in women's clothes, although with black slacks, a turtle neck sweater and boots, I was still neutral looking. And reception-wise, so far so good.




No comments:

Post a Comment