Sunday 24 November 2013

A Brand New Beat: Farewell, Shake a Tail Feather


And so, today, I hosted my last episode of "Shake a Tail feather", the classic soul music program I have been hosting on CITR FM (University of British Columbia) since September 2006.

Over the past seven years and two months, I have laughed, cried, danced, sat and listened in awe to some new, but very old obscurity sharing it with my audience as well as sharing the newest indie soul and funk done the old-fashioned way by new bands hailing from Vancouver, Ottawa, Brooklyn, Barcelona and many points in between.

Many things went into my decision to draw the show to a close, and I will likely get into some of them in more detail in a later post (when I reflect on the turbulent year that was 2013), but suffice it to say that I had a lot of fun hosting, interviewing guests, and hearing back from my listeners. It is simply time for me to move on to a brand new beat.

Thanks so much to CITR and the show's fans and to all the soul/rhythm and blues artists, living or dead, who poured their hearts out on record so that I and others could enjoy their fresh, heartfelt sound many years later.

And now, it's on to bigger and better.

Best,
Love, Vanessa (DJ V)


No comments:

Post a Comment