Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas 2014!

 
A couple of years ago, on Christmas Eve, I wrote a post called "Do You Hear What I Hear?" It was, like many of my posts, about me, although I've also made reference to many world events. This year, while my life has had its highs and lows, it has turned out alright. The world on the other hand, has not.

This past week, I found out some history on the perennial carol "Do You Hear What I Hear?" Written by the songwriting/composing couple Noel Regney and Gloria Shayne Baker in October 1962, the carol was a plea for peace during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Recorded by the Harry Simeone Chorale, it was released a month later, after the Crisis, and went on to sell  250,000 copies during the holiday season; it has also been covered countless times since then.

With this post, I hope for a better, and more just world, less hate and more attention paid to our shared fate. Hopefully we can build a better world from the inside out, just like this song.

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment